Corporate Board Readiness Course: April/May Series
Fri, April 30th | Online Sessions
4-part Virtual Corporate Board Training: Get Your Board Materials and Plan of Action Ready - Learn Corporate Board Ins and Outs - Meet Corporate Directors
*One ticket includes access to all 4 sessions: 8:00-10:00 AM on April 30, May 7, May 14, & May 21
Use COUPON CODE "Trailblazers" for a 5% discount
4-part Virtual Corporate Board Training
Get Your Board Materials and Plan of Action Ready
Learn Corporate Board Ins and Outs
Meet Corporate Directors
Facilitator: Nancy Sheppard, Women2Boards/The Athena Alliance
- Julie Castro Abrams, CEO & Founder, How Women Lead, GP How Women Invest, Managing Partner, BoardLeaders
- Barbara Nelson, Board Director, Backblaze
- Margot Langsdorf, Principal, Rich Talent Group
- Deirdre Finn, ABD Insurance & Financial Services
- Joyce Cacho, Board Director, Sunrise Banks & World Benchmarking Alliance
- Paula Judge, Vice President, Talent Accel
- Julia Vax, Partner, Arnold & Porter LLP
- Adriana Azuri, Executive/Board Branding Expert & Coach, The Azuri Group
Session 1 (April 30, 8-10am)
The Road to the Corporate Boardroom - What You Need to Know to Get You Started on this Path
- Why serve on a board?
- Assess your readiness.
- What type of corporate board is right for you?What does a board member do?
- How and why are the needs for board expertise changing
- How will the board find you?
Session 2 (May 7, 8-10am)
- Your Board Roadmap
- Writing Your Board Bio - Adriana Azuri, The Azuri Group
- Value Proposition
- Building allies for your board journey
- Due diligence onboard positions
- The interview process
Session 3 (May 14, 8-10am)
- Fiduciary requirements of a director
- Board compensation
- Difference between board governance and management
- D&O and indemnification agreements
Session 4 (May 21, 8-10am)
You will come to this final session with a draft 1-page bio-based upon the format we recommend in Session 2
- Working with recruiters
- Targets for your board search
- Map your network for your board journey. Workshop your board bio and value proposition in small groups with a board savvy advocate.
- Joining a MasterMind group to continue your board journey
*All sessions are recorded and sent to participants for additional viewing.
Our partner, How Women Lead, is offering a special discount to our Trailblazers community. Make sure to use the COUPON CODE "Trailblazers" to get a 5% discount.